Delhi BJP ISSUES ITS SANKALP PATRA FOR DELHI's MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS 2017
WORKING ON THE 41 MAIN POINTS OF THE SANKALP PATRA, BJP STANDS COMMITTED TO DEVELOP DELHI INTO PRIME MINISTER Shri NARENDER MODI’S DREAM SMART CITY – MANOJ TIWARI
The Implementation of SANKALP PATRA Will Be Reviewed Twice A Year – Pravesh Verma
BJP has given Delhi satisfactory civic services despite adverse economic circumstances and in next 5 years we resolve to make Delhi A Better Delhi – Satish Upadhyay
New Delhi, 16th April. Delhi BJP President Shri Manoj Tiwari today released the party's SANKALP PATRA (Commitment Paper) for the Municipal Elections 2017 in the presence of BJP’s National Vice Presidents Shri Vinay Sahasrabuddhe & Shri Shyam Jaju and senior BJP leaders at a press conference organised at the Constitution Club, New Delhi.
Those present in the press meet included BJP Union Ministers Dr. Harsh Vardhan & Shri Vijay Goel, Star Campaigner & Film Actor Shri Ravi Kishan, Convenor of the Manifesto Committee Shri Pravesh Verma, Senior BJP Leader Prof. Vijay Kumar Malhotra, National Secretaries Shri Tarun Chugh, Shri Maheish Girri & Sardar R.P. Singh, MPs Shri Ramesh Bidhuri, Smt. Meenakshi Lekhi, Dr. Udit Raj, LOP in Delhi Assembly Shri Vijender Gupta, former Pradesh President Shri Satish Upadhyay, BJP Leaders Shri Siddharthan, Shri Pawan Sharma, Shri Kuljeet Singh Chahal, Shri Ravinder Gupta, Shri Rajesh Bhatia, Shri Subhash Arya, Shri Harsh Malhotra, Shri Shyam Sharma, Smt. Mira Aggarwal, Shri Aman Sinha, Shri Rajeev Babbar, Shri Praveen Shankar Kapoor etc.
Addressing the media persons Shri Manoj Tiwari said Delhi is a miniature India and the soul of India. A small incident of Delhi creates chain reaction all over the country. The municipal election on 23rd April, 2017 has a special significance. This election will decide the course of things for Delhi, it will decide whether next 5 years will be years of administrative deceit and anarchy or of development as visualised by Prime Minister Shri Narender Modi. BJP has always worked for justice, service and development for the citizens of Delhi. People of Delhi are witness of our commitment.
Shri Tiwari has called upon the citizens of Delhi to continue their trust in BJP by giving the Party an complete mandate to work and develop Delhi into a city with model civic services. He said I appeal to the people of Delhi to help develop Delhi into the dream city as visualised by the Prime Minister and on 23rd April, please press the Lotus Symbol button of the EVM to give absolute majority to BJP in all the three Municipal Corporations of Delhi.
Shri Manoj Tiwari said that our team on manifesto drafting has worked hard to identify issues on which people of Delhi expect work from Municipal Corporations and we have given in brief of our plans through this booklet named SANKALP PATRA. To others it may look a election manifesto but for us it is a Commitment Paper towards to People of Delhi.
Shri Tiwari said the name SANKALP PATRA is in line with the vision of our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi & BJP National President Shri Amit Shah who believes in holistic approach of commitment to work for the electorate not just offering a manifesto of promises.
The SANKALP PATRA's booklet with quotes of Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay, Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi & BJP's National President Shri Amit Shah is spread over in 3 parts.
The first part of the SANKALP PATRA with a forward address from the drafting committee lists the combined achievements of Delhi's 3 Municipal Corporations during last 5 years and earlier unified M.C.D. administered by BJP. The party has listed providing Good Governance, providing Citizen Charter, Good Sanitation, Health & Education Services, Public Welfare Schemes, Community Services, Efforts to Improve City Environment through Tree Plantation & Waste Management and Construction of 17 Over bridges on Rail Lines as its achievements of last two terms.
In the core of the SANKALP PATRA Delhi BJP has committed to make Delhi the best Smart City of the country and identified 41 major points on which it has offered its resolve to work in next 5 years. Party stands committed to work & further develop Delhi as visualised by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
The third part of the SANKALP PATRA comprises a brief on misdeeds of Delhi's AAP Government during last two years and corruption & nepotism sagas of both AAP & Congress.
SANKALP PATRA Committee Convenor Shri Pravesh Verma thanked all members of the committee and assured the citizens of Delhi of BJP's sincerity towards this SANKALP PATRA and its implementation will be monitored twice a year by the state leadership.
Former Delhi BJP President Shri Satish Upadhyay said that BJP has been in power at civic bodies for last 10 years, in these 10 years there have been Government’s of other parties at Delhi state. Lots of allegations have been levelled on Delhi Government Ministers & MLAs even FIRs have been filed on them but not a single case or serious accusation have been levelled against any BJP Councillor in all these years. BJP has given Delhi satisfactory civic services despite adverse economic circumstances and in next 5 years we resolve to make Delhi A Better Delhi.
The top 41 points of BJP's Sankalp Patra are :
1. GOOD GOVERNANCE WITH TRANSPERANCY.
2. EXPANSION OF CIVIC SERVICES.
3. BETTERMENT OF PRIMARY EDUCATION STANDARDS TO BRING THEM AT PAR WITH NOTED PRIVATE SCHOOLS.
4. TO PROVIDE WORLD CLASS HEALTH & BASIC HEALTH SERVICES THROUGH EXISTING MUNICIPAL HOSPITALS & DISPENSARIES and TO FURTHER EXPAND THEM.
5. TO CURB SPREAD OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES.
6. TO LAUNCH SOCIAL WELFARE SCHEMES including the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Antyodya Rasoi Yojna, increasing number of open gyms, running yoga classes, skill development centres, to free Start Up Entrepreneurs from factory license requirement, more Mobile Dispensaries, betterment of Dhobi Ghats and health & entertainment centres for old etc.
7. TO WORK ON A POSITIVE PLAN ON PARKING PROBLEM.
8. CONTRIBUTE TO WOMEN EMPOWERMENT.
9. SPECIAL GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELLS FOR PEOPLE OF NORTH EAST LIVING IN DELHI.
10. FREE & CLEAN PUBLIC TOILETS FOR ALL including for WOMEN & HANDICAPPED.
11. SANITATION & GARBAGE REMOVAL with resolve to make Delhi Dhalao Free.
12. PROPER MAINTENANCE & IMPROVEMENT OF ROADS UNDER MUNICIPAL BODIES.
13. FOOTHPATH, OVERBRIDGES & SUBWSYS FOR ALL. Stress on Street Furniture.
14. DEVELOPMENT IN DELHI DEHAT (VILLAGES) including work on Lal Dora expansion.
15. CONSTRUCTION OF UNDER BRIDGES & OVER BRIDGES AS NEEDED.
16. SOCIAL WELFARE CARDS especially for unorganised sector labour.
17. SCHEME FOR WELFARE OF RICKSHAW & BATTERY RICKSHAW DRIVERS.
18. BETTERMENT WORK IN MARKETS.
19. IMPROVEMENT WORK FOR WEEKLY MARKET HAWKERS.
20. HAWKER WELFARE POLICY with a time bound 90 days programme.
21. UPGRADED COMMUNITY CENTRES.
22. SOCIAL WELFARE PENSION TO BE REGULARISED.
23. YOUTH HEALTH CENTRES IN ALL WARDS.
24. ALTERNATE EMPLOYMENT FOR Ex SERVICE MEN.
25. TO WORK FOR SPEEDY WORK ON REGULARISATION OF UNAUTHORISED COLONIES WITHIN ONE YEAR by seeking involvement of the Union Government and TO EVOLVE WAYS TO START BETTERMENT WORKS THERE IN.
26. BETTER PUBLIC UTILITY SERVICES FOR J.J. COLONIES, SLUM KATRAS & RESETTLEMENT COLONIES.
27. BUILDING SAFETY PROPOSAL.
28. PROPERTY TAX - No New Tax, No Inspectors, Transparency in working.
29. BUILDING BYE LAWS SIMPLIFICATION. Conversion Charge Upper Limit to be 10 years and Total Online Services. We have simplified building plan sanction requirement for plot of up to 105 meters and are working to relax the rules further.
30. TRADE, FACTORY & ESTABLISHMENT LICENSE TO BE ISSUED ONLY ONLINE.
31. GARBAGE FREE DELHI. 100 % Door to Door Collection to be Ensured and Compactors to Crush Garbage.
32. STRAY CATTLE & STREET DOGS CONTROL.
33. COW PROTECTION.
34. DEVELOPMENT OF CHATH GHATS.
35. DEVELOPMENT OF DAIRY COLONIES Around Delhi Borders to ensure better milk supply to Delhi.
36. MULTI PURPOSE HAATS Across Delhi.
37. IMPROVEMENTS AT CREMATION GROUNDS to make them ECO FRIENDLY.
38. POLICY TO ENCOURAGE INTELLECTUALS & SOCIAL ACTIVISTS.
39. ECONOMIC STRENGTHENING OF MUNICIPAL CORPORATIONS by implementing municipal reforms & ensuring regular funds from Delhi Government.
40. ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION & GREEN DELHI work to be speeded up.
41. WELFARE SCHEMES FOR MUNICIPAL EMPLOYEES.
(Praveen Shankar Kapoor)
State Office Bearer
14, Pandit Pant Marg, New Delhi-110001